Sunday, May 10, 2009

Storing my colors so I can find them!


There are a number of reasons why I have so much
paint! Of course I purchased a great deal of it myself.
But then I have also inherited some. A friend was
moving and gave me her supply, a neighbor's mother
passed away and she gave me that supply, a former
student's wife gave me his paint supplies after he
died. So now I have somewhere between 100 and
150 tubes of paint!
In order to find what I am looking for, I first did
a color chart which is posted earlier in this blog.
Then I separated the color families and here are
photographs of how they are stored.
It is important not to have too many different
tubes of color on your palette as it is too confusing.
So when I am going to start a new piece, I select what
I want and can find them easily.
I hope you find this helpful!

No comments: